Saturday 26 October 2013

A wonderful experience!

Being involved in this volunteering work has been amazing so far! To be honest, I could not think of a better way to reward all of the workers that work so hard to make CMU our second home. However in the beginning of this experience, I was a bit intimidated by the fact that my learners are older than us. But I was very blessed to have fun students that think of us as friends that are helping them to improve their communication skills in English. The fact that my students are in the advanced class, enables my colleagues and I to have more fun teaching them as their level of understanding is decent. There are six students in my class, and each one of them is very unique. But most importantly, I respect how they maintain their good mood, positivity and sense of humor during the whole class despite how much how tired they must be after working for the whole day. Therefore, I can definitely say that I am learning from my students as well, as they are constantly teaching me to stay positive no matter how much work I have. Even though, I wish to have some rest after a long day of classes, on Mondays and Wednesdays, I look forward to meeting my students hoping that they will benefit something from that class. It is definitely worth the wait, and I do not regret this at all!


Jake playing charades

No comments:

Post a Comment